Enhancing Intermittent Fasting Results with the Feel Great SystemDec 26, 2022
Intermittent fasting is a pattern of eating that involves regular periods of fasting, followed by periods of non-fasting. It has gained popularity in recent years as a way to improve health and lose weight, and research has suggested that it may have a number of other benefits as well.
- Most common motivation for following an intermittent fasting method is weight loss.
- There are many health benefits of intermittent fasting, including Autophagy.
- 16:8 is the most popular Intermittent fasting method.
- There are many misconceptions of Intermittent Fasting.
- Some people, depending on their health should avoid intermittent fasting.
- When willpower isn’t enough, the Feel Great System products make a great compliment to enhance results and making intermittent without starving yourself.
One of the most well-known motivations for following an intermittent fasting routine is weight loss. By restricting the window of time during which you eat, you consume less food overall, which can help you lose weight. Intermittent fasting may also improve the way your body uses and stores energy, which can lead to further weight loss.
In addition to weight loss, intermittent fasting has been linked to a number of other health benefits. It may improve insulin sensitivity, which can help control blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. It may also lower the risk of heart disease by reducing inflammation, improving blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and increasing the body’s natural mechanisms to heal itself.
Intermittent fasting may also have benefits for brain health. Some studies have suggested that it may improve memory and cognitive function, and may even protect against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's. It may also have anti-aging effects, by increasing the production of human growth hormone and other substances that promote cell regeneration and repair.
One of the key mechanisms behind the health benefits of intermittent fasting is the process of autophagy, which is the body's way of cleaning out damaged cells and recycling their components. When we fast, our bodies are forced to break down and use stored fat and other nutrients as energy, which triggers autophagy. This process may help protect against a number of chronic diseases, including cancer, by eliminating damaged cells before they can become cancerous.
Intermittent fasting may not for everyone as some struggle with the will power of going without food for extended periods, however, intermittent fasting is a safe and effective way to improve health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
For those who struggle with fasting throughout the day, especially if they’re already low on energy, the good news is that you can still drink Unimate yerba mate without breaking your fast. Unimate is the perfect morning beverage to enjoy instead of a breakfast (break your fast) meal, helping you feel both satiated and energized so it’s easier to stick to your intermittent fasting schedule.
Intermittent Fasting Methods
If you're interested in trying intermittent fasting, there are many different approaches to choose from, including the 16/8 method. Fast for 16 hours, and eat your meals during an eight-hour eating window. Many intermittent fasters begin eating around noon and start their fast by 8 p.m.
The eating routine I recommend to most people is the 4-4-12 method. The one method I find fits most lifestyles is the 4-4-12 method where you fast for at least four hours between breakfast and lunch, at least four hours between lunch and dinner, and at least 12 hours between dinner and breakfast (no snacking in between). This fasting routine works extremely well as part of the Feel Great System.
Many people misunderstand intermittent fasting due to incorrect implementation. It is important to understand that intermittent fasting is not:
- Starving oneself. The goal of intermittent fasting is to give the body a longer break from food each day, which helps regulate blood sugar levels and allows the body to focus on processes other than digestion.
- Anti-food. Intermittent fasting is not meant to demonize food, but rather to help us eat at appropriate times and give our bodies natural breaks from food.
- An excuse to eat whatever you want during your designated eating window. Engaging in binge eating after a fast may seem like a reward, but it can negate the benefits of fasting and lead to weight gain. It is best to focus on a healthy, balanced diet during your eating periods.
- Impossible to sustain long term. While fasting for more than 12 hours per day may seem challenging, humans are capable of adapting to this schedule. Our bodies need at least this amount of time to rest and process nutrients. Consistently eating throughout the day can disrupt our natural sleep-wake cycles and increase the risk of developing metabolic conditions. Intermittent fasting helps our bodies return to a more natural fasting and eating cycle.
When to Avoid Intermittent Fasting
There are certain situations where intermittent fasting may not be the most appropriate or safe dietary approach. If you fall into any of the following categories, you should avoid intermittent fasting or only attempt it under the close supervision of a medical professional:
- People with advanced diabetes and take multiple diabetes medication to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
- Individuals with a history of eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia, that may be exacerbated by restrictive eating practices.
- Endurance athletes who need a consistent supply of calories and nutrients to train, compete, and recover.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women who have increased calorie and nutrition needs that intermittent fasting may not meet.
When willpower isn’t enough
It is possible that relying solely on willpower may not be sufficient for maintaining a successful intermittent fasting practice in the long term. However, with some additional support, it can become more feasible to sustain intermittent fasting.
This is where the Feel Great System comes in. The Feel Great System consists of two science-based food products. The first is Unicity Unimate yerba mate drink and the second is Unicity Balance fiber matrix. When used together as a system these products are clinically proven to make intermittent fasting and living a healthy lifestyle not only doable, but also achievable.
- Unimate is a yerba mate drink that contains up to 10 times the amount of chlorogenic acid (the feel-good, “get-up-and-go” component) found in a premium cup of coffee. It helps boost the mood and supports mental stamina, focus, and motivation. It also helps you fend off cravings and reenergize between meals.
- Balance is a pre-meal drink with a patented fiber matrix that includes bioactive plant compounds, polysaccharides, and micronutrients. The fiber matrix is designed to help ease some of the impact that excess carbohydrates and cholesterol can have, and the soluble fibers help curb your appetite.
We call these two products + intermittent fasting the Feel Great System because, well, people feel great when they stick to this method. The Feel Great system will help you get the most out of intermittent fasting, without making you work harder for it. Overall, the research and results are proving that this is a powerful tool for improving health and preventing chronic diseases.
Related Blog Articles:
- Intermittent Fasting For Weight Loss & Better Health
- Most Common Weight Loss Mistakes
- Intermittent Fasting Study: Less Severe Complications from COVID-19