Insulin Resistance: Most Undiagnosed Conditions in the WorldFeb 12, 2022
Insulin resistance, is one of the most prevalent undiagnosed conditions in the world. We continuously talk about Glucose, but not enough about the purpose of Insulin and what happens when things go wrong.
Insulin is historically considered in the context of glucose, if blood glucose is normal, insulin is assumed normal. However, with insulin resistance, insulin levels are higher than expected relative to the glucose levels.
Dr. Ben Bikman points out in his book Insulin Resistance, "glucose is the typical blood marker we use to diagnose and monitor diabetes, but we should really be paying attention to insulin levels first". "While diabetes Types 1 and 2 share the symptom of excess glucose, they diverge completely when it comes to insulin. Whereas Type 1 diabetes is caused by having too little insulin (or none), Type 2 is caused by having too much insulin."
Type 2 diabetes is insulin resistance that has progressed to the point where the body is unable to keep blood glucose levels below the clinically relevant 126 mg/dL, it is a condition called Hyperinsulinemia, which in itself is the indicator that leads to many life-threatening conditions.
Insulin Resistance is a shockingly common condition directly influenced by our modern day diets and lifestyles, with as much as 88% of Americans, potentially suffering it to some degree. It’s perhaps the most common health disorder in the North America and is, to varying degrees, associated with nearly all chronic conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, infertility, and Alzheimer’s disease.
The Modern Day Diet with way too many refined and processed carbohydrates, begins the path to Excess Insulin in our bodies . When you combine poor diets with more sedentary lifestyles, stress from toxic workplaces and environments this create the perfect 'storm' in the body beginning the cycle of Inflammation, Stress and Stress Hormones constantly cycling in our bodies, can all be direct causes of insulin resistance.
For more information on Insulin Resistance visit:
- Insulin Resistance: The Epidemic You May Never Have Heard Of
- Insulin Resistance: The Epidemic That Is Destroying World Health
The Feel Great System:
The Feel Great System is designed to make a healthy lifestyle not only doable but also enjoyable. The system consists of two science-based nutritional products called Unicity Unimate™ yerba mate and Unicity Balance™ fiber matrix. This is based on decades of scientific research; this simple system will help you feel great.
Continued focus on clinical research has enabled Unicity International to have 17 products listed in the prestigious Prescribers' Desk Reference for healthcare professionals, two of these products are Unimate yerba mate and Balance fiber matrix.
- Begin each day with your Unimate yerba mate (hot or cold) drink it and WAIT for the hunger!
- When Hunger strikes, Take a Balance in a Unicity Lean Complete Meal Replacement for your first meal of the day! I actually put my Balance right into the Meal Replacement! NO FRUIT in the Meal Replacement! If you want a piece of fruit at this time, Eat it with the meal replacement!
- You make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day... The easiest way to do this is to acquire a reusable bottle that holds 32 oz of water. Fill it in the morning and sip and drink it all day, then refill before dinner and the bottle must be empty before you go to bed.
- Find some kind of activity that qualifies as 'exercise' to do for at least 20 minutes a day. Walk, Yoga, Stretching, Dancing....just start to move beyond your regular activity each day!
- Before you eat any meal... Take a UNICITY BALANCE... it is best 10 minutes prior, however do not use 'you forgot' as an excuse, even if you are about to sit down... take it anyway!