How to Choose the Best Protein Powder - Unicity Complete ProteinNov 08, 2021
Protein powders are a quick way to help ensure that your body is nourished and satisfied. People use them for a variety of reasons — to supplement protein intake, to lose weight, a meal replacement, to improve sports performance, build muscle mass and for overall wellness.
But look around and the protein powder options are endless. So how do you know what type is best for your personal health goals?
It is important to get enough protein as part of our dietary intake. Protein is foundational to managing our weight and body composition as well as enhance muscle growth, immune function and exercise recovery. Protein powders are helpful and convenient when used with a whole food dietary lifestyle especially for breakfast and immediately following exercise.
Protein powders do offer value
I have had great personal success and client success augmenting protein shakes with healthy nutrition and exercise. However, there needs to be clarification on the two distinct kinds of proteins powders, as they each have their unique purpose in health and fitness.
Protein Powders – Muscle/Fitness or Meal Replacement
The most common protein power is that “muscle/fitness” formulation and the other is the “meal replacement/protein shake” formulation. Each of these needs to have certain ingredients and specific characteristic in their formulation to make them of value for their intended purpose. This is where the knowledge and information breakdown begins at the consumer level, and through mass marketing. As consumers, we are quick to only look at the “Grams of protein per serving” without really understanding what we are purchasing and for what purpose.
There are two main sources of non-vegan protein powders including Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate. Whey Isolate has a higher bio-availability meaning the body will absorb more of it at a faster rate with little digestion. This is measured in the scientific world as an amino acid score (PDCAAS).
Protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS)
This is a method based on the amino acid requirements of young children. It takes into consideration digestibility of the protein. This is preferred for determining the quality of protein. Just because the label says 20g of protein per serving does not mean you’ll get 20g. In fact, you may get only a fraction.
The higher the net score of the protein the more the protein is actually used by your body. The rest goes out as waste.
- Soy has a net score around 61
- Beef is higher at 73
- A whole egg beats both at 94
- Milk is 82
- Whey protein is at 92
How much protein do we need?
The latest medical research coming out is saying that we need 90g of protein per day as a minimum to maintain healthy body, hormones, lean tissue and metabolism. Most people are not even getting that, and if they are it’s typically comes from unhealthy high fat “fast food” protein sources. I do agree that many products on the market are sub-standard and of no value, however that is the same with any consumer product in any product category for that matter.
My Recommendation is Unicity Complete Protein
We recommend you follow the The Feel Great System and incorporate the Complete as your first meal of the day. You’ll find it convenient, effective, healthy and it tastes AMAZING! You’ll feel the difference!
Market Comparison on Unicity Complete Protein
To understand how to compare protein powders it's important to do your research and trust the company that makes it, and understand their R&D. Here is the benchmark for 3 criteria that would make up a healthy well-rounded meal replacement.
- “Macro Score”: Protein (g) + Fiber (g) – Carbs (g)
- “Nutrient Score” – # of vitamins and minerals at 100% of daily value
- Protein Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS)
Here’s how Unicity Complete ranks on this chart:
20g Protein + 5g Fiber – 13g Carbs (5g from Sugar – source being organic sugar cane)
= 8g NET carb load
You will see a big difference in the NET carb load with Unicity Complete Protein vs most other products on the market in the follow chart.
When reading nutrition labels keep in mind that “4g of sugar = 1 teaspoon”. Check to see how many grams of sugar is your protein powder? Often times more sugar is added simply for taste without considering the carb to insulin ratio.
There’s so much more to Unicity Complete Protein
Besides the great taste of either Chocolate or Vanilla, here is a list of just 10 other benefits of Unicity International’s Complete protein.
- Unicity Complete has the most balanced blend of Protein available. Having both Whey Concentrate (slower absorption) and Whey Isolate (fast absorption) protein. Unicity Complete offers a unique blend with an amino acid score of 135. That means your body is getting the full 100% of the 20g of Protein (2 scoops) . You won’t find that amino acid score in any other Protein products on the market.
- Unicity Complete Protein contains a unique blend of digestive enzymes including protease which digest proteins, these enzymes are not found in most Protein Meal Replacements. These enzymes actually enhance the body’s ability to digest and assimilate the nutrients as well as the protein. What does this mean for you? More digestive power…less energy expenditure for your body to get those nutrients first thing in the morning when you need them the most.
- Unicity Complete Protein teaches the body to BURN FAT for energy! This happens because of the unique blend of protein (whey concentrate & isolate), specifically the essential and non-essentials amino acids (BCAA’s). The key essential amino that you want pay particular notice to in Unicity Complete is LEUCINE. This is an essential amino acid for building and repairing lean muscle tissue. This is why so many of my clients notice they lose inches and maybe not pounds. It’s these amino acids and how it is feeding the body!
- Unicity Complete Protein contains 110% of your Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of Vitamin B12.
- Unicity Complete Protein contains 100% of your Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of Vitamin C.
- Unicity Complete Protein contains a scientifically researched combination of proteins with an amino acid score (PDCAAS) of 135. This is the highest found anywhere on the market for a protein powder.
- Unicity Complete Protein contains 100% of the recommended daily allowance for many essential vitamins and minerals. The 19 essential vitamins and minerals are efficacious scientifically validated amounts to fortify your immune system, facilitate enzymatic reactions in the body, repair damaged DNA, and help you recover from illness and injury. Unfortunately, many people overlook the importance of these nutrients in their diet.
- Unicity Complete Protein contains natural dietary fibers. The fiber component of Unicity Complete provides an increased sense of fullness and meal satisfaction. Bulk-forming and indigestible, fiber supports a healthy gastrointestinal tract, helping you feel light and invigorated.
- Drinking a Unicity Complete Protein Shake first thing in the morning within 30 minutes of rising you set your metabolism for the entire day.
- Unicity Complete Protein contains the highest quality and most bio-available form of the trace mineral Chromium in the industry. Chromium is known as the KEY to FAT LOSS among many other things!
It’s important to note that Unicity does offer a muscle/fitness post-workout protein as well which I have personally used with great results. For the most part, I recommend everyone start with their Complete protein.
When we talk about Metabolic Health you will not find a better protein supplement on the planet than Unicity Complete Protein in order to help the body maintain a proper functioning, healthy metabolism. Unicity Complete Protein is a product you would expect from Unicity, a renowned world leader in the science and research of metabolic health.
Try Unicity Complete Protein at the lowest discounted Wholesale Pricing and our 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!
Text 1-902-201-0245 | WhatsApp